Two Tone Amboyna Bangle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BangleGuy

BangleGuy

Here is my latest, a two tone Amboyna bangle. This is some really great wood and I love the look of the Amboyna over copper. I went ahead and stabilized this blank since the sapwood is more porous. I finished this one with shellawax and am sold on the finish. It is much easier to apply than CA. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• tn_two tone Amboyna.jpg
    tn_two tone Amboyna.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 376
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dai Sensei

Looks great Eric :cool:

Just remember although Shellewax does a great job, like most wax type finishes, it does wear off over time. With our redgum and other eucalyptus trees, I often have to use multiple coats over a few weeks too, as these species soak it up.

Cheers

plantman

:RockOn: Eric; A very beautiful bangle indeed !! Like the wood and copper, and the quilting on the inside realy adds to the finished look. Jim S

edstreet

FYI he said stabilized. So in reality the CA will likely get more abused over time than the coating he used. Even tho stabilized wood will not soak up like raw wood will the polish does yield the silky texture that only stabilized wood will give you.

Just like with any jewelry you have to clean it so more coatings/treatment would be needed at that time and people are already accustomed to doing just that.

One thing I would like to ask, what is the dimensions of this?

BangleGuy

FYI he said stabilized. So in reality the CA will likely get more abused over time than the coating he used. Even tho stabilized wood will not soak up like raw wood will the polish does yield the silky texture that only stabilized wood will give you.

Just like with any jewelry you have to clean it so more coatings/treatment would be needed at that time and people are already accustomed to doing just that.

One thing I would like to ask, what is the dimensions of this?

This bangle is a size 7.5, which means it measures about 7.5" in circumference. The wood is 0.55" wide with and overall bangle width of about 0.75". I have more information about these on the classified add I am running here on IAP.

Top Bottom