Two Slimlines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kcimdrib

Kcimdrib

When I can't think what to make I return to a Slimline Kit and some likable blanks. I like the Blue Laminate and I added Lime Wax and Microcrystalline wax to the other.
Hope you like them please feel free to comment.

Attachments

• pen2.jpg
    pen2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 142
  • pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 138
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Humongous

The Blue is very nice. I am not a fan of the liming on the other pen, just my personal preference. I have seen the liming done on oak pieces (chests, cabinets, etc...) maybe a little lighter wood so there is less contrast? Once again just my opinion.

howsitwork

Mike

I love the blue laminate but am not as struck by the limed one. Personal bias I freely admit. I ask so find the tapered in waist on the laminate more attractive than the barrel shaped one on the limed pen. ago my eyes this adds to t( flow and attraction .

nice work though

Lucky2

I agree with the two previous comments, I'm not much of a fan of the lime wax or whatever it's called. Personally, to me, the bottom one, looks as if the blank wasn't cleaned before the finish added. I'm sorry, and I do hope you understand, and that my comment isn't to harsh.

Len

Kcimdrib

Now I look closely at the Lime Wax I agree it works better on Oak. Thank you all for your comments.

Top Bottom