Two Sierras. WW and home brew swirl.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stevers

stevers

Hi All,
This first WW pearl swirl on 24k gold is the one I "had" high hopes for. Not what I'd hoped for. Too much wood for what I was after. My wife wanted me to use it on a Sierra. That's the thing with these custom cast deals. You never know what you have until you get all the way down to it. I kinda rushed it, no double cast, just CA/BLO and hutt plastics polish. Think I even left a couple of radial scratches.

200842012646_WW%20pearl%20swirl%20post.jpg

This next one came out pretty cool. I used left over resin from a pour, let it gel a little and blended it. I put it under pressure to make sure the blending took. It did. Pretty happy with this, my first successful swirl of multiple colors. The first couple just blended all together and made mud. It's a chrome kit with "some" colors.[:p] Theres also some mica pearl powder in there.

20084201324_blue%20swirl%20siera%20post.jpg

Now it's time to play with my newest toy. My Jr Gent closed end mandrel and kits came in the mail today. Eehh hhaaa!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MobilMan

I like them both. I'm like you, too bad more pearl wasn't left, but still came out nice. If you're not satisfied with the first one--I know where it can find a home.:D

VisExp

Steve the pens look great, especially the second. The colors and swirls of the second pen are great! I saw the picture of the blank you posted before turning it into the first pen, and thought it had a lot of potential. Like you said it is to bad most of the casting got turned away. I guess worthless wood casts are like a box of chocolates, ya never know what ya gonna get :D

Top Bottom