Two projects = One Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
A couple of months ago I was fortunate to acquire some Yew blanks from Peter Ramaekers (Peter1958) From The Netherlands. Thank you very much Peter! It took some time to get power restored to the shed, so there was a delay in getting to turning this. I ordered some Atrax Rollerball kits from Beartoothwoods, thinking I had some 30A bushings. I didn't! Rather than take more time to order bushings, and wait for them to come from Colorado, I decided to make some. That's the first project. They are 6061 aluminum. I made them to turn between centers. They worked pretty well. Not precision made but close enough for me in a hurry. Second project was turning the blanks. I made a change in my CA procedure I've used for 10 years, and put 8 coats of Thin CA on this pen.

I've always admired the color and grain in Yew, and these blanks did not disappoint me. I hope you like!
Atrax bushings1.jpg
DSCF0320.JPG
DSCF0321.JPG
DSCF0322.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Excellent job on both projects! The Yew is wonderful and you did it well. The finished pen is really attractive.

Alan Morrison

I like what yew did with that pen, Chuck. The timber has lovely warm and deep colouring.
Very nice indeed.
Goes well with the kit that you selected.

Alan

Top Bottom