Two pens from today.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dubdrvrkev

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

First time to do a Baron for me, it is spalted Maple. Had a little goof on it too...grain is aligned in writing position, not capped. Luckily there is enough spalting that it doesn't stick out too much, I (we) can tell, but the casual person would probably never notice.
Cigar is spalted Pecan. (Cigar may be one of my favorites now)

20055424151_maple%20baron%20crop%202.jpg

20055424453_pecan%20cigar%20crop%201.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Great looking pens. Does anyone know of a save that can help align the spalting after the pen is assembled. Or perhaps a trick that helps you align during assembly?

dubdrvrkev

Thanks folks.

Silly me just realized that I can just unthread it and swap ends. Problem fixed. Hey, I'm still a newbie, cut me some slack. [;)][B)]

JimGo

Kevin, thanks for the info! LOL

Pastor, what I do is dry fit everything, and use a small piece of masking tape to mark where I want everything to be. For example, for a Jr. Gent/Baron, I'd assemble the pen but leave the cap apart, thread the decorative part of the cap onto the pen, then hold the finished barrel for the cap over the pen where I want it. A thin piece of masking tape on the decorative piece and a piece on the barrel helps me to line everything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom