Two New Laminations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kcimdrib

Kcimdrib

Made these today I find laminating interesting but struggle to visualise the finished result when assembling the woods. Straight ones are fine but once I
Introudce angles it becomes guess work. You guys are so good at it I must be missing a trick somewhere.
However I will continue.
Please give me your comments good or bad it will help me improve.
My only method of cutting is a Bandsaw and most of it is by eye.

Attachments

• pen5.jpg
    pen5.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 142
  • pen4.jpg
    pen4.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 146
  • pen3.jpg
    pen3.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 148
  • pen2.jpg
    pen2.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 135
  • pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 157
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wmcullen

I'm enjoying looking at both these pens. I appreciate your comment about being surprised by the final results of segmented pens... me too. Wolf Creek Knives referenced the Forrest Gump line "life is a box of chocolates" when talking about Koa wood in a post the other day. "You never know what you're gonna get." I feel the exact same way about segmented blanks. Maybe with more experience or clearer thinking I could get a "better" idea of what the blank will look like before turning. But a slapped-together mess of glue and oddly angled wood shards is going to remain a mystery to me until I make it. Maybe I enjoy that uncertainty a bit.

To use another turner's example, I appreciated Mark posting the picture of his blank along with the final amazing piece. My mind's eye would not have really known how good it would turn out.
Thanks for posting your pictures!!

Kcimdrib

It's a pleasure and all comments are appreciated. I am surprised in this day and age that no-one as put a computer program together.
Surely we have a member with IT skills. But then it would take out the surprise.

Top Bottom