Two more Slimlines...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Warren White

These are Olive Wood with Claro Walnut accents. Micro Mesh then polished off with Meguilar's Ultimate Compound. The combination really produces a brilliant shine. Hope you like them!
IMG_0616.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qquake

Very nice! You used Meguiar's Ultimate liquid wax on them? Have you used it before? How long does it last? I would think a wax would rub off after time.

magpens

Beautiful pens !!!

I am going to have to look into that Meguiar's Ultimate.

Do you have any tips or tricks on its application for pens ?

Edit: I see that it is pretty expensive !!

magpens

@qquake

Don't be a tightwad, Mal. :p

Trust YOU, Jim, to come up with a retort of that nature !!! .... :p to you too !!! ... LOL ! ... And you didn't even include a single laugh .... :D😁:D .... let alone LOTS of them !!!! .... LOL !! .... Get it ?? .... LOTS of laughs !!! . Oh, I know ..... there will be another retort now !! ... LOL !!

Warren White

Thank you for looking, and the kind comments! I really like turning olive wood. (I just noticed that I didn't mention that this is CA finished, then Micro Mesh polished.) OOPS!

Let me answer a couple of questions.

I am no chemist, but this isn't a wax, it is a polishing compound. As for application, a tiny bit applied with a soft, clean cotton cloth onto the blank while it is on the lathe, without the lathe turning. I rub the compound in very gently, mainly so the whole blank has a bit on it. Then, with a new, soft cotton cloth, I start rubbing with the lathe at low speed, and after less than a minute or so, I turn the speed up to maximum and polish it with a new clean spot on the cloth. I probably polish it for a minute or so, and it is done. I think it adds a LOT of luster to the blank.

As for the cost, I see that you can buy it for less than $10.00, and that bottle will last a lot longer than I will.

Last edited:

magpens

I'm sorry if I offended you, Mal. Boy, you Canucks are touchy!

πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

HaHaHaHa ..... LOL !!! ..... Might as well keep this up for a while !!! ..... LOL !!! . . 😁 πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ ... πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ ... LOL !!!

You ? .... Sorry ? .... . I know you better than that ..... er .... what's your name sonny ? .... oh, yeah .... Jim .... like I said ..... know you better than that !!!

Very nice! You used Meguiar's Ultimate liquid wax on them? Have you used it before? How long does it last? I would think a wax would .... rub off .... after time.

Come to think of it ..... maybe some things are starting to .... rub off .... maybe just a little bit.

Please head over and up this way, Jim, and I'll give you a fresh shine and a polish ..... with that Meguiar's Ultimate, and everything else I've got !!
No CA, though. .... . I promise ..... NO CA !! . . Possibly a little bit of Irish Blather in the mix ..... ever tried that ? . Always works great .... never fails.
So head over and up .... a little bit over and a long way up .... I'll be waiting .... I'll meet you in the driveway to welcome you !!!

And I'll start right now .... shining you up .... and I won't spare one bit of effort .... or anything else .... in the process ....

Please bring a few of your pens with you ..... I really love seeing the almost endless variety of pen kits and blanks that you have shown us.
Seems like a new one every day or so ..... and they are all so B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L*L*Y crafted, Jim. . You do a great job on all of them !!!

Honestly, I really do mean that I appreciate your work ..... and the large variety of pictures with each new pen .... GREAT pictures too !!!
I really don't know where you get your patience for the pictures .... every time .... close to a dozen pictures for every pen !!!
What a mammoth effort on your part !! . . I hope everyone else on IAP appreciates those pictures and the effort they take ... for you to show !!

Massive effort .... those pen pictures. . As I said, I hope everyone else on IAP appreciates those pictures as much as I do !!

So come and visit and we'll do some polishing experiments ..... see if we can improve the shine.

Every thread of yours .... I just know it is going to be better than the last one ..... and I can't wait to see and comment on every new pen of yours.

I really mean that, Jim ... I hope you understand that this is the REAL me speaking ... the REAL me ... not that other b&&&er with the sharp tongue.

This is the REAL me ... I mean what I said ... I look forward to every new thread from you, Jim .

I hope I am not overstating .... I guess I better stop or you might start to think I am not really sincere .... but I really am .... I assure you.

So please come and visit !!! . But wait .... this COVID thing ! .... The border is closed, I think !!! .... But promise to visit when you can ???

Please promise !!! . . Take care, Jim .... and stay safe !!! .... Also check what I've written for spelling errors .... would ya ? . . Let me know !!!

That's the sign of true friendship on social media .... checking each other's spelling !!!

Whatever you do, though .... don't give me the impression that you haven't read this .... every word of it !!! .... Couldn't take that !!! πŸ˜€

magpens

@qquake

I just realized that this is not one of your threads, Jim. .

And I have well nigh hijacked it ...... or you and I have, to be more correct.

Anyway ..... perhaps the others will be forgiving and find some amusement of their own !!!

@Warren White

Thanks for your tolerance, Warren !! :D

Your pens ... above ... really are B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L !!! . . I have a special love for Olivewood pens ... like many folks do.

And I have a real interest in your use of Meguilar's Ultimate Compound for finishing.

Do you have any tips or tricks on its application for pens ? . How long does it take for the finish to "cure" and become usable ?

qquake

I don't want to further hijack poor Warren's thread (although he is a fellow northern Californian), so I'll just say I actually take close to 100 photos per pen. I just don't post them all. Just so you know I read your post. (Did you break your return key on that post?) 🀣

Top Bottom