Two Laminated Slimlines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kcimdrib

Kcimdrib

Made these two pens from a block I laminated this week. I am quite pleased the finish is CA the wood just odd bits. Because the join is so small on a Slimline alot of delicate turning required.
Please feel free to comment good or bad. I am always willing to learn.

Attachments

• pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 108
  • pen2.jpg
    pen2.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 113
  • pen3.jpg
    pen3.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 119
  • pen4.jpg
    pen4.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 113
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kcimdrib

I like the random nature of the multiple species of wood, good match with the hardware as well.
Thank you I like random laminating when you make a block up and start cutting I really have no idea how it will turn out but a good mixture of wood always gives a surprise. Glad you like it.

magpens

I think you have done an excellent job with that random segmentation !!

I intend to do some "random work" before long .... it certainly appeals to me and has been on my "to do" list for ages.

Kcimdrib

I think you have done an excellent job with that random segmentation !!

I intend to do some "random work" before long .... it certainly appeals to me and has been on my "to do" list for ages.
It works well for me because I only have a Bandsaw to make cuts. I just laminate a block about 6" square and then just keep cutting turning and glueing. Then when it looks OK cut out some blanks. I am sure there is a mote technical approach but this works for me. Might have ago with some Acrylic pieces.
Not sure what glue to use. For wood I use Tightbond.
Thanks for your comments.

Top Bottom