Two for today.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kcimdrib

Kcimdrib

Another Rossetti and a Aquilo. I like the Aquilo from Beaufort it's got a lot of potential. The Rossetti we'll again I like it I think adding a bit of shape makes it. It's also a bit of a challenge.
Hope you like them please feel free to comment good or bad.

Attachments

• IMG20230803125035.jpg
    IMG20230803125035.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 104
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darios

Looks sharp. I see the precision in the spacing between the rings, that's very nice.

howsitwork

I like them both but can't help feeling the Rossi looks somewhat pregnant ?? you did ask …..

Beautifully finished and flowing lines though.

sorcerertd

I'm not 100% sold on that Rosetti kit, and don't generally care for bulbous pen barrels, but what you did there actually works very well. It might be interesting to put a Fibonacci sequenced spacing on one, maybe save a ring from one kit to add as an extra to another one? Just thinking "out loud" here.

Kcimdrib

I like them both but can't help feeling the Rossi looks somewhat pregnant. you did ask …..

Beautifully finished and flowing lines though.
Yes, I did ask I agree the photo does not do it justice. Taken with my Smartphone.
But I thank you for your comments.

Kcimdrib

I'm not 100% sold on that Rosetti kit, and don't generally care for bulbous pen barrels, but what you did there actually works very well. It might be interesting to put a Fibonacci sequenced spacing on one, maybe save a ring from one kit to add as an extra to another one. Just thinking "out loud" here.
Thank you Todd for your comments. Like all kits some appeal and some don't I like the kit. It's difficult to turn and be creative because there is not a lot of wood moving the ring spacing seems the best option.

sorcerertd

How do those rings go onto the Rosetti tube? It seems like you would have to put them in during glue-up, but that would make turning the pieces pretty challenging. The rounded pieces do actually look good on that kit. It would be great for people that have trouble gripping pens, too.

Kcimdrib

How do those rings go onto the Rosetti tube? It seems like you would have to put them in during glue-up, but that would make turning the pieces pretty challenging. The rounded pieces do actually look good on that kit. It would be great for people that have trouble gripping pens, too.
Good question you use a special bushing set which as a interstitial bush to take up the space of the rings and it leaves about .5 mm extra to allow the two end bushes to drive the blank which at this stage is not glued.
Having turned and finished the blank you assemble it and glue the individual pieces with the rings on the tube. Then assemble the pen.
Sorry not easy to explain measurement needs to be accurate to allow turning and pen assembly.
Hope this helps.

howsitwork

Good question you use a special bushing set which as a interstitial bush to take up the space of the rings and it leaves about .5 mm extra to allow the two end bushes to drive the blank which at this stage is not glued.
Having turned and finished the blank you assemble it and glue the individual pieces with the rings on the tube. Then assemble the pen.
Sorry not easy to explain measurement needs to be accurate to allow turning and pen assembly.
Hope this helps.
It makes it clear but my that's a challenge to work with. Well done as " pregnancy aside" the result is impressive

Kcimdrib

It makes it clear but my that's a challenge to work with. Well done as " pregnancy aside" the result is impressive
Thanks, they are a challenge but when I look ay some of the work others achieve they seem simple.

Top Bottom