Two firsts out of my wheelhouse

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Lynch

Dale Lynch

Hey fellas, thought I'd show two recent comissions.First, my wifes' cousins daughter asked me I could make a hanging jewelry cabinet.Told her I would try, its not something I've ever made before.To get an rough idea what one was I looked up some images to get the jist of it.for the front and back panels I used unsanded pine plywood sheeting,some time with the drum sander really brought out the grain.The frame and all the holders are sapale The earring holders on the left are one piece ea.,cut out on the band saw.The ring holders are some poplar dowels I turned on the lathe and gled them into the sapale rails.Bottom right are holders for pendants.The pendants will hang out front while the chain rests in the cavitity behind.
Second is a cutting board,A coworker who comisioned a morter and pestle earlier asked me if I can make a cutting board for him.Like before I said I'll see what I can do,I've never made one before.I used Amazique and Bubinga to make an end grain cutting board.The center is 9" wide with offset sides of 1" and 2".Like before I use no plans, just looked up some images to get an idea of what to do and what I can do.It measures 12x16.5x1.187

Attachments

• DSCF4715.jpg
    DSCF4715.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 258
  • DSCF4716.jpg
    DSCF4716.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 246
  • DSCF4717.jpg
    DSCF4717.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCF4718.jpg
    DSCF4718.jpg