Two firsts for me..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ligget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ligget

Hi everyone, two new things I tried, 1st is a one-piece pencil, 2nd is playing with my Legacy 200.
This is actually a 10k Comfort kit, Lacewood barrel and friction polish finished.
Thanks for looking, comments welcome!

20077119552_PICT0007.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hiya Mark, I'll bet I'm not the only one wondering how you managed a friction polished finish on such deep cuts[?]
I'm very glad to see you try something new though, the Scots are famous for their inventiveness ( TV, tarmac, cats-eyes,the list is endless)

Personally, I've found that the deep cuts on pens from the guys that use the Legacy are a bit too severe for my taste. But that is just me.

BTW, I'm passing your neck of the woods on Wednesday, on my way to Lossiemouth RAF base, let me know if you are up for a flying visit.

Did you know that the Scot's also invented the loo seat? But it didn't take off till an Englishman made one with a hole in the middle.[:D][:D][}:)]

Ligget

Steve - your jokes are getting worse.
I used Mylands sanding sealer applied with a brush, then Mylands friction polish applied same way.
When still on the lathe but not spinning I buffed the polish with a rag, like "flossing".
Wednesdays are when I go to my Clubhouse, I go now Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Can you come on Tue or Thur?
Cheers
Mark

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by txbob
<br />
Originally posted by ligget
<br />Steve this is where I go:
http://www.iccd.org/article.asp?articleID=3
As a member of the staff?

txbob

Whether you go as staff or participant, I take my hat off to you for sharing that. I have been on both sides of that fence. I'm just never sure which side I'm on now, or which side I prefer.

Edit in; I just want to add that I am certainly not joking now. Either way, best wishes Mark

UKpenmaker

Very nice work Mark, the only problem is that you may get into trouble form my SWMBO,[}:)][;)], i can dsee me getting a legacy sometime as i have liked the look of the twists fro a while now.[:)].
Do you mind saying where you got your Legacy from.

Ligget

Originally posted by UKpenmaker
<br />Very nice work Mark, the only problem is that you may get into trouble form my SWMBO,[}:)][;)], i can dsee me getting a legacy sometime as i have liked the look of the twists fro a while now.[:)].
Do you mind saying where you got your Legacy from.

I Andrew, I got the Legacy 200 from England. I know the small 200 is obsolete now so you need to buy the bigger one.
Contact this link and they will Email your local distributor name and address.
Hope this helps.
http://legacywoodworking.com/index.cfm
Cheers
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom