Two feathers & a watch dial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from socdad

socdad

With the cancellation of almost all spring shows, and at least early summer events in doubt I'm not in any hurry to turn pens. Working to ge the garden ready is my main task, however with the rain today I got these three finished. Red Lady Amherst & Temminck Tragopan feathers along with a Breitling watch dial.
Thanks for looking & C & C welcome ...
IMG_0708.JPG
IMG_0709.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Wow !! . I love those !! . Especially the watch pen .... very unique, and VERY classy !!!

And those feather patterns are also unique and extremely attractive !!

VERY well done, indeed !!

jttheclockman

Great looking pens and I too like the watch dial. I also like to use that zen kit alot and have to ask being I see you now have done one., why did you orient the dial that way?? This is something I fight hard to find a proper look. I understand on a cap part of a pen but when done on a straight barrel such as this, do you want the dial facing you as you write or away from you as to point the way the ink flows?? Maybe one day i will run a poll.

socdad

Thanks all fro the kind words.

Great looking pens and I too like the watch dial. I also like to use that zen kit alot and have to ask being I see you now have done one., why did you orient the dial that way?? This is something I fight hard to find a proper look. I understand on a cap part of a pen but when done on a straight barrel such as this, do you want the dial facing you as you write or away from you as to point the way the ink flows?? Maybe one day i will run a poll.

I have made several Zen watch parts, they sell well for me. I do not have a set pattern for dial placement, just what ever come to me at the time. I like to display them with 12:00 on the dial facing the cap. Often shoppers looking at them want to flip them so the dial is right side up when writing. I show them the nib & final can be reversed, sold several that way ...

Top Bottom