Two and all four

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kcimdrib

Now made 4 Bottle stoppers and enjoyed making them. I tried to make them completely different from each other and I think the photo shows this.
They are fun to make.
Please feel free to comment.

Attachments

• IMG20231024131540 1.jpg
    IMG20231024131540 1.jpg
    632 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG20231024131631 1.jpg
    IMG20231024131631 1.jpg
    641 KB · Views: 68
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Nice. Always a market for them. Has anyone worked a deal with a liquor store to sell stoppers along with the products offered? Curious.

bugradx2

Thanks for you comments. I have used friction polish followed Microcrystalline Wax.
thanks! I've used a few things on stoppers for a finish and can't decide what I like better.

I've tried doing lacquer and "buffed" it like a friction finish which looks neat and can really look deep. Regular Arm R Seal poly but it seems to take a bit to get dry. I've done a CA finish too. Lately has been the CA over the top of a lacquer finish but I'm not sure it's worth the effort all the time. GluBoost has a new ultra thin that might be my ticket, not sure yet.

Kcimdrib

thanks! I've used a few things on stoppers for a finish and can't decide what I like better.

I've tried doing lacquer and "buffed" it like a friction finish which looks neat and can really look deep. Regular Arm R Seal poly but it seems to take a bit to get dry. I've done a CA finish too. Lately has been the CA over the top of a lacquer finish but I'm not sure it's worth the effort all the time. GluBoost has a new ultra thin that might be my ticket, not sure yet.
Interesting to hear all the things you have tried for finishing. I keep it simple on Pens I find Friction polish gives good result and for protection top off with Wax.
CA finishing is better but only just and for me not worth the extra effort unless it's a really special blank and worth going the extra mile.
I only use wood not a fan of Acrilc or Plastic. But I accept you can get some spectacular results using these.
Good luck and thanks for you reply.

bugradx2

Interesting to hear all the things you have tried for finishing. I keep it simple on Pens I find Friction polish gives good result and for protection top off with Wax.
CA finishing is better but only just and for me not worth the extra effort unless it's a really special blank and worth going the extra mile.
I only use wood not a fan of Acrilc or Plastic. But I accept you can get some spectacular results using these.
Good luck and thanks for you reply.
All of those combinations are what I'd tried on bottle stoppers. I'm pure GluBoost on pens whether wood or acrylic

Top Bottom