Twisted Churchill F/P

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

As some know Jeff Powell and I have collaborated on his scroll blanks (he did the excellent scroll work and I did the easy and fun stuff). He always sends me something extra in the box and this blank along with a cigar blank were in the last box he sent me. He had used a El Grande set of tubes and I haven't made an El Grande in 2 years and just today remembered I had ordered some Churchills a few months ago to try.
As always all comments welcomed.

Attachments

• step.JPG
    step.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 258
  • step1.JPG
    step1.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 191
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Excellent work on the pen Roy! That blank really came out great, good seams, nice and parallel to the kit. Those can be a bit of a bugger on those kits being that they are so thin when turned, and I really like that color combination. I do not trust CA for building these types of pens, because CA doesn't give you any working time.

I'm going to have to start shipping my pens to Oklahoma just to get phototgraphed.
I think pretty soon nobody is going to buy your pens anymore because it will be too difficult to make a decision as to which one to take!

Last edited:

bitshird

Roy you and Jeff both cheat! you guys have far to much talent to collaborate :mad: I don't think I would want to try and turn either an El Grande or a Churchill that was segmented, the wood do get kinda thin at the ends, That took a fine touch and steady hand :)

Top Bottom