Twist Mechanism Threads

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bope

My BIL got the transmission pushed up inside his pen. It is a Wild Card kit from Penn State. It has a standard parker twist that threads on to the lower part of the pen. Is it possible that these have some kind of standard thread pitch that I can find a bolt to thread into it and pull it out?

magpens

Highly unlikely you would " find " something to do that.

You could make something, but it would mean cannibalizing the lower part of a pen kit that has the correct mating thread.

EDIT: . I see there is a small piece called a coupler. . . If you want to make up a tool to do the job, you would have to know the thread specs on that coupler. . That's the sort of info that nobody is likely to know off the top of their head. . Would need to measure with a thread gauge.
Unfortunately, you cannot get your hands on that particular coupler because it is jammed up inside the top of the pen, right ?
I would say, based on my experience with similar pens, that it is a fairly common thread size for that type of application but you'd still have to measure an identical equivalent part.

I expect the thread size is something like 8mm diameter x 0.5mm pitch, but that is just a guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom