Twist mechanism for Broadwell Art Deco ballpoint pen kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

I have had a Broadwell Art Deco ballpoint kit in my collection for a couple of years and decided to use it this year as part of a Christmas gift. When I finally have the barrel all turned and ready to assemble, I find that the twist mechanism is missing from this kit. Are there any other kits that use the same twist mechanism as this kit? It's getting too close to Christmas for me to trust the USPS to get one to me in time for Christmas. I will also gladly purchase or swap for one of these kits if it can be shipped immediately to me to have it in time. Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

its_virgil

Im not 100% positive but the Art Deco ballpoint is quite similar to the PSI Gatsby. Both are finial twist mechanisms. Could be the mechanism for a Gatsby may work. A call to PSI should get your question answered.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

David350

I have both kits and can verify that the Gatsby is the same twist mechanism. I have quite a few kits so if you have some other kits and want me to check for compatibility, please let me know what you have on hand and I can check late this morning for you.

As Don mentioned, I would call PSI if you bought this from them and if you keep your receipts, let them know what has happened. I don't know if they will send it to you for free as they will for items you report missing within a month or two (I think I reported a missing part two months after receiving it and they shipped it to me for free).

I'd be happy to ship you one for postage if you would replace it in the next few months. However, considering postage both ways, it would be most cost effective if PSI can assist you and if they can promise to ship in a day or so...

Jim Smith

Im not 100% positive but the Art Deco ballpoint is quite similar to the PSI Gatsby. Both are finial twist mechanisms. Could be the mechanism for a Gatsby may work. A call to PSI should get your question answered.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Thank you very much for the information. I tried the Gatsby and while the twist mechanism fit the cap and threads fine, it was a bit too long causing the refill to extend too far out. I gave PSI a call, and they quickly matched the twist mechanism to the Majestic Squire which I have in stock, so Santa's going to be successful this year. PSI then insisted on sending me a replacement mechanism for the one I used. OUTSTANDING customer service.

Top Bottom