Tuxedo Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PatrickR

PatrickR

After seeing several B/W pens I decided to do one. It's my first plastic pen. I tried hard to avoid the wasp waist. Slimlines are not easy!
Black acrylic/ Alt casein.
Feel free to critique. I should have painted the tube for the casein. It shows just a little at the tip where it is thinnest.
5ba6b0e489551fcd08d21d0fbc137013.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well done!

No, Slims are NOT the easiest. I like the very slight/subtle taper at the joints; much more refined than a straight profile.

Nice combination of blanks.

Mallory

Great looking pen. I haven't seen that combo before. I also like the shape with fairly straight sides and a subtle little taper at the ends.
Good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OZturner

Excellent Pen Patrick.
Great Casein and Black Acrylic,
Nicely Turned Fitted and Finished.
I Agree that the Slimline is Among the Most Difficult, Popular Kit to Build, the Thickness from the Tube to the Bush Diameter is Minimal with a only Small Margin for Any Error.
And of Course you have Two Blanks to Boot.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Joe S.

Always love seeing casein/alt casein, really nice material. Looks like you overturned and made the fit to the nib (the most important one IMHO because that's where you feel it the most) too small. Not bashing your work at all, the pen is otherwise very well made, just something to keep in mind for the next one. Excited to see the matching pencil! Matched slimline sets are always pretty cool!

PatrickR

Always love seeing casein/alt casein, really nice material. Looks like you overturned and made the fit to the nib (the most important one IMHO because that's where you feel it the most) too small. Not bashing your work at all, the pen is otherwise very well made, just something to keep in mind for the next one. Excited to see the matching pencil! Matched slimline sets are always pretty cool!

Good eye! Yes, when i slide my fingernail over the nib joint it catches. These are the things I really need to watch. Those details make a difference.

PatrickR

And now there are two. Set complete.
The pencil is a little fuller but I'm happy with them. I got gun shy with the alt casein. I lost two blanks, chippy compared to acrylic.
254e9ac047ea0bfe1121f8f04c868acb.jpg

Top Bottom