Turquoise!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

I like the Jr. Majestic for its style and size. However, the crystal in the clip doesn't always go with the blank. I made this one in turquoise and replaced the stock crystal with a small piece of turquoise.

C & C welcome.

Attachments

• Turquoise Jr. Majestic Closed.jpg
    Turquoise Jr. Majestic Closed.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 204
  • Turquoise Jr. Majestic Open.jpg
    Turquoise Jr. Majestic Open.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 175
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Glorious Pen John,
Terrific Turquoise Blank, Beautifully Turned, Fitted and Finished.
Excellent Modification of the Clip, looks Great.
Congratulations,
Brian.

elkhorn

Mal, thank you!

Rich, I appreciate it.

John, thanks. I think the silver sets off the turquoise as well.

Jim, much appreciated!

Dawn, glad you like it! I wasn't sure how it would turn out when I decided to swap out the stones, so it was a bit of a gamble.

Brian, thank you, my friend! Hope you're doing well.

SteveAxelrod

That's a pretty blank and you turned one fine looking fountain pen. I really like the idea of replacing the crystal with the turquoise stone. The Majestic is fairly large and well suited to be a man's pen if it weren't for the crystal. Replacing it with a stone opens that possibility.

How hard is it to remove the crystal and did you cut and polish the turquoise stone yourself?

elkhorn

Thanks, Steve. I used a dremel to drill out the stone and clean up the recess. it was just a bit time consuming as I am not much of a jeweler:frown:

I did not polish the stone myself. A couple of years ago I bought a bag of turquoise chips in Arizona for a "just in case I ever need them." I dumped out the bag and tried different ones until I found the one that looked best and fit.

I may try the same process on a full size majestic with a stone to compliment the blank. It should be about the same process. When I replaced the stone on the end of an Oriental Dragon (green stone to match the abalone blank) I had to have a jeweler do it because the prongs holding the stone were cast. That being said, it should be fairly easy to change the stone on the majestic. If you do it, please post a pic.

Top Bottom