turquoise tru stone JG II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bean_Counter

Bean_Counter

Just finished this turquoise tru stone JG II in chrome. Thanks to Dan M's tutorial I have started adding the custom finial buttons and think they make the pen that much better. This is my third time turning tru stone and I still am on the fence about. This one had some voids. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• JP II Turqouise Finial.jpg
    JP II Turqouise Finial.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 245
  • JP II Turqouise.jpg
    JP II Turqouise.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 235
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful job on the finial! Really nice pen.

I have some trustone from several years ago with the gold matrix - no issues with voids, but there have been recent posts about some "quality" issues more recently.

Great looking pen!
There have been some quality issues with Tru-Stone lately, and I talked to Russell at RT Research (the manufacturer of Tru-Stone) and he advised me they have worked the problems out. It seems they increased the pressure used when forming the stone blocks which forces out the bubbles and increases the strength of the Tru-Stone. Of course this might make the blanks harder to work!

Bean_Counter

Great looking pen!
There have been some quality issues with Tru-Stone lately, and I talked to Russell at RT Research (the manufacturer of Tru-Stone) and he advised me they have worked the problems out. It seems they increased the pressure used when forming the stone blocks which forces out the bubbles and increases the strength of the Tru-Stone. Of course this might make the blanks harder to work!

Thanks Mark

I think I had heard that before but Ive had a few blanks for a while so didnt think it would apply. That may very well be the problem. They were huge nasty voids but def noticeable

Thank you everyone for the very nice comments :biggrin:

Top Bottom