Turquoise Phase

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Valleyboy

Valleyboy

I seem to be going through a bit of a turquoise phase at the moment for some reason. This is another cellulose acetate that is similar to the last one I posted but its more pearlescent. I finished it with sterling silver accents and a chrome clip. The nib is a Jowo no6.

This pen is my stepless model and has 14mm cap threads (I tend to default to 13mm usually). This was the first style of pen I ever made and I named it the "TroubleShooter". This, along with all the subsequent models, are named after certain types of people I worked with over the years and there was one guy who just had a very unique and effective way of getting stuff done. He was a New Yorker and a part-time fireman and he made a lasting impression on me. He was the first person I ever heard say the phrase "don't let perfect be the enemy of good". I think about that a lot as I tend to procrastinate quite a bit over whether things are good enough. (They never are).

Cheers
Ash

IMG_2168.jpegIMG_2174.jpegIMG_2165.jpegIMG_2179.jpegIMG_2181.jpegIMG_2186.jpegIMG_2166.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

Beautiful pen!! Really love the colors. The chrome accents are perfection.

Curious, though...what exactly do you mean by "stepless?" I haven't gotten into bespoke pens yet, still trying to hone my craft (which has been very slow due to health issues lately), before I try my hand at something like this. Truly beautiful pen, though.

Valleyboy

Beautiful pen!! Really love the colors. The chrome accents are perfection.

Curious, though...what exactly do you mean by "stepless?" I haven't gotten into bespoke pens yet, still trying to hone my craft (which has been very slow due to health issues lately), before I try my hand at something like this. Truly beautiful pen, though.
Thank you Jon.

By step-less I mean that there is no step or lip on the barrel. Quite often you will see that pens widen just behind the threads on the barrel as a landing place for the cap to register against when you screw it on (so the threads don't just keep turning and "run aground").

However on the step-less pens there is no lip or step on the barrel so typically the end of the section registers against a small step inside the cap to the same effect.

Here is a photo of one of my pens with a step on the barrel, seen in the bottom right of the image.

Cheers
Ash

IMG_1934.jpeg

Curly

Great pen. Whomever ends up with it is lucky.

As for naming pens after people you have known. I wonder what the "pain in the +++" pen will look like? Or are they the ones that get binned? 😉

Valleyboy

Great pen. Whomever ends up with it is lucky.

As for naming pens after people you have known. I wonder what the "pain in the +++" pen will look like? Or are they the ones that get binned? 😉
Ha thanks Peter.

I have come up with quite a few names but my wife vetoed most of them. I do have a Jobsworth and a Hedonist though. And a SweetTalker, from when I worked behind a bar with a guy who was very popular 😊😊

Top Bottom