Turning Tools

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

twoofakind

I was wondering if anybody has ever used the p&n line of tools. They come unhandled and are imported from Australia, but that is all I know about them. I am looking for a new spindle gouge and was going to pair it up with one of the Bosch handles. Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated.
Andy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

I have one of their bowl gouges and am very happy with it. They have a very good reputation and I consider them one of the best values in turning tools. A very high quality tool at a reasonable price.
I made a wood handle so cannot comment on the Bosch handles.

bjackman

I have a 1/4" detail/spindle gouge. Made my own wood handle for it as well. I have been VERY pleased with the tool. Admitedly, a 1/4 detail gouge doesn't get a lot of lathe time compared to other tools, but I would, and will go for their other tools in the future.

Lloyd Frisbee

90 percent of my turning tools are P&N. I like them. The pres of our turning club is a reseller of P&N tools. latheart.com

jrc

Only tool I use is a Hamlet APS HSS 2060 spindel gouge. It pays to buy the best, it can go all day or longer without resharping. I've hit the nut on my mandrel a few times and taken off steel but never nicked the edge of the gouge.

byounghusband

I have the above mentioned 1/4" spindle gouge and I just bought a 24mm (1") skew. I need to turn a handle for the skew, but have to use another lathe as my JET 1014 w/o bed extension doesn't allow me to make a long enough handle..... I like the spindle gouge and look forward to using the skew. It has a flat face as opposed to an oval skew and one edge is rounded, like Alan Lacer does...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom