Turning between centers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

OK to get with the program. There a lot of ways to TBC. I'm interested in the 60 degree dead center, #2 MT, for the headstock. Who carries them? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Almost all of our suppliers, Little Machine Shop, etc. I get some specialties ones from Z Live Center on Ebay.

More4dan

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

leehljp

Member Liaison
I second the LMS; however I go to Springfield MO 3 to 4 times a year to visit my daughter and go by Grizzly. They have them - carbide tipped drive centers. The only problem with orders from them is shipping - usually a little high.

Woodchipper

Gentlemen, thanks for the help. I'm getting ready to look at LMS.
Edit- Just looked at LMS; said it is for the tailstock. Huh? Also, backordered and no definite delivery to the LMS.

bmachin

LMS tailstock accessories are cut a little bit shorter than standard length in order to provide full tailstock travel in the chinese mini lathe. They will work just fine in the headstock.

If you have an Amazon prime account, you can save a few bucks on shipping and get it faster.

Bill

Woodchipper

Ordered the DC from Amazon. Thanks to all. You realize that I'll be turning more without the frustration of hitting the bushing, etc. I have a good set of dial calipers that will get a good workout now. My grandson will find TBC interesting as he is the techie in the family.
Many thanks to all for your recommendations and help. One good turn deserves another!

Top Bottom