Turned two of the new Baseball kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elyk864

elyk864

These were for my brother and his girlfriend who are both big Baseball fans. I had some left over materials from some other pens I did so they just used the scraps and picked out how they wanted to lay them out.

Paduak wood on the green one and black/white ebony on the pink one.

Attachments

• DSC_0050.jpg
    DSC_0050.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC_0048.jpg
    DSC_0048.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC_0033.jpg
    DSC_0033.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0037.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 192
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elyk864

Nice !!!

So what do you think of this new kit, please ... any comments or cautions ?

Nice kit, decent amount of material to the blanks when done. It is a bit top heavy and the curved bolt action is odd if you're used to a normal straight bolt action. Lots to line up cosmetically if you're into that, like the laces on the ball and the bat/batter at the top.

jttheclockman

Now this is my opinion and you can hate me for it but sometimes honesty has to prevail. I do not like this one bit. Over the top kit and gaudy. The blanks do not go with the theme of the kit. I believe if this kit is to be used plain baseball bat wood is the only thing that would work well. Maybe some segmenting of the wood to mimic the handle and upper bat. Todays bats use many colored woods but never colored acrylic flowered or swirly woods. Maybe do a decal bat company blank. Just throwing out a few suggestions and thoughts for future pens of this kind. Hope you do not take offense to this comment. Not my intention. :):):)

elyk864

Now this is my opinion and you can hate me for it but sometimes honesty has to prevail. I do not like this one bit. Over the top kit and gaudy. The blanks do not go with the theme of the kit. I believe if this kit is to be used plain baseball bat wood is the only thing that would work well. Maybe some segmenting of the wood to mimic the handle and upper bat. Todays bats use many colored woods but never colored acrylic flowered or swirly woods. Maybe do a decal bat company blank. Just throwing out a few suggestions and thoughts for future pens of this kind. Hope you do not take offense to this comment. Not my intention. :):):)

No offense taken at all, the people who comissioned them wanted them designed that way. All in the eye of the beholder I guess. Personally I think there is to much going on also. Kits like that seem gimmicky to me.

jttheclockman

No offense taken at all, the people who comissioned them wanted them designed that way. All in the eye of the beholder I guess. Personally I think there is to much going on also. Kits like that seem gimmicky to me.

Thanks or understanding. yes i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.:):)

magpens

Hi Fay,

Haven't connected with you before. . I see you are Cape Breton Islander.
That caught my eye because my grandmother was raised there.

If you want to buy those baseball kits, they are sold by PennStateInd.com

If you normally buy from William Wood-Write, he might eventually stock these kits, but that probably won't happen for a few months yet. . However, there would be no problem in asking him about them now.

I assume you know about William Wood-Write in Ontario: penblanks.ca
Best source for pen stuff in Canada.

Best regards,
Mal

Where can you purchase these kits thank you

OZturner

I appreciate where John T is coming from and his acceptance of the "Beauty Beholder".
My comments are based on the Craftsmanship of these Pens, and the Customers requirements.
Excellent Segmenting of the Aluminium Honey Combing to the Wood of the Bat,
It gives a lift from All Wood, and reflects the Choices of your Brother and his Girlfriend ( who I expect is receiving the Pen with the Pink Honey Comb Fill).
I like the Honey Comb Filling Colours, they give the Wood a Spectacular Lift.
Great Choice of Colours, giving a Pleasant Appearance to the Pens.
As the Customers are Ardent Baseball Fans, I understand their desire for these Theme'd Pens.
Great Work Kyle.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom