Turned Glass...NOT EVEN!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneryan65

This was an experiment of sorts that my wife had me try. Looks like cracked glass but it's not

Attachments

• Glass.jpg
    Glass.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 394
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

This was an experiment of sorts that my wife had me try. Looks like cracked glass but it's not

"an experiment of sorts", is a little nondiscriptive !! If it's not a trade secret, could you broaden our horizons a little on what you did? Looks realy interesting. Jim S

wayneryan65

What I did

This was actually small saphire looking acrylic diamonds that my wife picked up at a craft store. I first cast them in Alumilite but I should have known that Alumilite will not bond to certain things including itself. So I cast some more in PR with a little white pearl (just a little) and put it under pressure at 80psi. When I cut it I noticed that the heat affected the acrylic as if it was plexi glass. The first piece I drilled I had to drill with water to cool down the blanks. It turned really well with a sharp skew and I didnt sand it at all. I just micro meshed it and finished it of with novus 2. The look of this thing in person resembles crushed glass. I havnt made a pen out of it but thats coming next. Thanks everyone

Top Bottom