Turn for the troops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I was at the Virginia Beach/Norfolk Woodcraft to take part in Turn for the troops. There was a really good showing, chips flying and all the lathes being used at one point and people waiting their turn. Some of the folks had been turning for a long time and 3 or 4 had never turned before and then people like be who had only turned a few pens before. It was a lot of fun. I was able to turn 6 pens today and when I left I believe that about 30 had been turned. Here are 3 of the pens I turned. The pics are not the best quality as I used my phone. I'm glad I was able to attend

Attachments

• pen 1.jpg
    pen 1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 111
  • pen 2.jpg
    pen 2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 116
  • pen3.jpg
    pen3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 91
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Awesome Dan. I was busy today, wife's birthday was yesterday and her anniversary is next Friday. I talked to Fred yesterday, sadly been trying to get some loose ends taken care of.

flyitfast

:usflag: Thanks to all for supporting the troops. They really appreciate all the pens that have been delivered in the past.
We started our Pens for the Troops yesterday at the San Antonio Woodcraft - at 6:00am. The local TV station came out to film the turning since the folks doing the turning were Airmen from Lackland AFB and there were several feeds into the local newscasts.
It was great to see them making pens for their fellow troops and they had a ball doing it. Most of them had not ever turned a pen and it was fun to work with them.
The Turning for the Troops at our WC will continue today and tomorrow (Sat and Sun) with the hope of having many more pens to forward to the men and women helping to secure our Country. The Alamo Chapter was represented in this effort.
gordon

dwarmbrodt

Ah, Lackland. I had the pleasure of starting basic in August 1975. Hot.

I attended the Turn for Troops here in Rochester this morning. I dropped off a few PR blanks for someone to turn. Attendance was pretty good.

Top Bottom