Turkey and other game calls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodchipper

Woodchipper

Just got back from an archery shoot where some of the door prizes were slate turkey calls. I have noted that some make turkey calls and other types of game calls. Question: where do you get the components, mandrels, etc. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

I've made duck and a few other types. Most pen supply companies carry the parts. Pen State, Woodcraft and Hut to name a few. Most you can use your pen mandrel. There a company called Web Foot that sells calls and parts for game call makers. If you have a Collet Chuck and your going to start making calls I'd look at their site.

eteska

I have made a few duck calls for friends and personal use. I've wanted to do a turkey call for a while but haven't made time for it yet. My season is in a few weeks so it's not looking good for this year either. Anyway here is a site I have bookmarked.

Brookside game calls

I haven't ordered from them yet but they have a ton of cool stuff.

Brookside and Grassy Creek were my slate, glass and copper suppliers
I still have a couple of slates from Brookside... haven't made a turkey call in a number of years though... they sold well here, but kinda lost interest in them... I do have one that the glass soundboard has come loose and haven't figured out how to take out the slate without breaking it.

Joebobber

You can get turkey slates and glass almost anywhere, you just need to know what size you want. Duck and other game calls you can also get anywhere. From jigs to make your own soundboard or do it like i do with no jig, to reeds to the entire bottom. A quick google search will help you.

Brookside is great. Put thanks Joe in your comments and they get sent faster I have found. Lol

Top Bottom