Tube-On Casting Entries Sponsored by PTown Subbie Silicone Molds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

Here are the fantastic entries into the Tube-On Contest. Take some time to evaluate the entries for creativity of objects cast, asthetics, as well as fit and finish.

The poll will close Feb. 23 at 8 pm EST. The top 3 vote recipients will then be entered in the finalists poll which will begin Feb. 23 through Feb. 27 at 11pm EST. The winners will be revealed Feb. 28.

The poll can be found in the Contest Votes area

The prizes are as follows:

First: Choice of any 6 "Tube-In" Molds provided by PTown Subbie Silicone Molds
Second: Choice of any 4 "Tube-In" Molds provided by PTown Subbie Silicone Molds
Third: Choice of any 3 "Tube-In" Molds provided by PTown Subbie Silicone Molds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

Entry 1

Super Mario themed pen. The colors are lightened from the original game to contrast the sierra components. I made the design on Photoshop, and printed it out on sticker paper.

Tube 1a.jpg

Tube 1b.jpg

Buzzzz4

Entry 2

The pen kit is a full size Majestic in 22k Gold and Rhodium. The blank is a modified watch parts. I start with painting the tube, adding the carbon fiber and letting it dry. Then Cut and drilled pieces of Tru-Stone Red JAsper with Gold Veins and slip it over the carbon fiber. Glue on all the watch parts and then cast as normal with epoxy. Turn, polish and assemble.

Tube 2b.jpg

Tube 2a.jpg

Buzzzz4

Entry 4

The pen is made around a set of Baron Chrome Fountain pen components. The blanks are made from a combination of Dress Making Pins, Carbon Fibre and Watch Parts. The pins had the head and points removed and the ends ground flat. They are then stuck to the tubes with CA. Each length down the body is made from 3 pieces. The body has a section of Carbon Fibre inlay which is made from a piece of sleeve that I cut open and stiffened by covering in thin CA before cutting and sanding to final width. The cap was first covered with Carbon Fibre sleeve and flooded with CA. A section was then turned off and further Dress Making pins applied. Watch Parts are then bent and stuck in place before casting in Tube On Moulds in Clear PR. Turned to size, sanded with Micromesh and 3 stage polishing applied using a scratch remover, polish and then a final wax is applied.

Attachments

• Tube 4a.jpg
    Tube 4a.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 422
  • Tube 4b.jpg
    Tube 4b.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 319

Buzzzz4

Entry 5

Photograph printed onto water-slide decal paper and sealed with multiple coats of acrylic spray. Afterwards cast in PR and placed in pressure pot. Turned, sanded 180-1000 grit followed by 1500-12000mm. Polished, assembled and photographed.

Tube 5a.jpg

Tube 5b.jpg

Buzzzz4

Entry 7

This is a 1960's Spiderman Comic clip that was cast in PR. Careful steps were taken to attach to the tube and seal it to prevent the resin from bleeding through the paper as well as drawing the ink out.

Tube 7a.JPG

Tube 7b.JPG

Buzzzz4

Etnry 8

This pen has maple barrels turned on the tubes and than has egg shells applied to them. The rough edges were than sanded, Alcohol Ink applied to the shells and sanded to bring out the different shades. Cast in resin to fill the gaps, turned, finished to 12000, then a coat of One-Step Polish applied. Pen is a Classic Rollerball Pen in Black Enamel and 24K Gold with a a small gold center band.

Tube 8a.jpg

Tube 8b.jpg

Buzzzz4

Entry 10

After sitting down one evening trying to think of a casting idea for the tube in contest, I saw a "crayola" crayon. I then went to photoshop, made the "Penola", attached it to the tube and cast it. This is done on a long clicker pen.

Entry 10.jpg

Entry 10b.jpg

Buzzzz4

Entry 11

Altered art pen containing a large metal skull with other smaller skulls , dagger, ax, handcuffs, gears etc. cast in resin. The tubes are patina'd to give an aged effect. Parts of the embedded metal parts are hand painted to also give aged patina look.

Entry 11b (2).jpg

Entry 11b.jpg

Buzzzz4

Entry 12

I made this pen by taking apart an old mechanical wrist watch. I then punched and wrapped the tube in thin alum. After distressing the alum, I glued the watch gears on and cast the tube in Polyester resin. I then turned, polished and assembled the tube on to a gun metal Nouveau Sceptre twist kit.

Entry 12a.JPG

Entry 12b.JPG

Buzzzz4

Entry 14

I call this one "Furled Sail". The blank is made from real Dacron sailcloth furled around the tube with a 6x5 Turk's Head Knot in the colors of a boat's running lights (starboard is green, port is red, and the stern light is white).

Entry 14a.jpg

Entry 14b.jpg

Buzzzz4

Entry 15

This is a cigar click from PSI. On the tube a actual Dr Pepper bottle caps, vintage and modern. Tubes are powder coated with black silver vein.

Entry 15.JPG

Buzzzz4

Entry 16

This pen is done using a Statesman Kit. I took real turquoise, crushed it, applied it to the tubes and then cast them in Alumilite Clear. I used Micro-Mesh 1500-12,000 and three coats of Hut Ultra Polish for the finish. Thanks for looking!

Entry 15a.jpg

Entry 15b.jpg

Top Bottom