TSW - Any old-timers wanna reminder of the old days

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Found this in my tool cart. Made me think of halcyon days of the mid '00s.
20221220_085018.jpg

It still smells of piña coladas, but it's kinda dried up.

Those were the days...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penicillin

Old days? Wait until you go into an antique store and see things that were new when your grandparents were young.
It is just like watching old movies. You can see for yourself that they had so many more collectible cars back then ... and so many were in mint condition, too!

egnald

Some things that are old are new again. There are teens that know what vinyl records are but don't know what a CD is. I never thought I would hear MP3, Streaming, and Vinyl Records all used in the same sentence.

Dave

I have a few items at a local museum marketplace.... the museum is primarily a telephone museum with phones through the ages... it's interesting to watch the younger visitors try to work the dial phones.... I tell them when I was in high school, my last year, I had an apartment in a ladies house after my parents moved closer to my dad's job... my landlady was a local beautician whose phone number was 98. The phone was one of the old black bakelite phones with no dial... you picked it up, told the operator the number you wanted, or if you didn't know the number, you just asked for the person by name. I graduated in 1960.

its_virgil

I have a few items at a local museum marketplace.... the museum is primarily a telephone museum with phones through the ages... it's interesting to watch the younger visitors try to work the dial phones.... I tell them when I was in high school, my last year, I had an apartment in a ladies house after my parents moved closer to my dad's job... my landlady was a local beautician whose phone number was 98. The phone was one of the old black bakelite phones with no dial... you picked it up, told the operator the number you wanted, or if you didn't know the number, you just asked for the person by name. I graduated in 1960.
I remember those days. I lived in a very small town and we would just tell the operator who we wanted to call. No numbers needed. We were on a "party line" and our ring was a long ring followed by a shorter ring. There were 3 houses on our party line. I graduated in 1966.

My grandfather bought scrap iron and someone sold him a load of the older wall mounted phones with the crank and EDC generator inside. We spent several days busing the wood boxes to salvage all of the metal inside. Oh, how I wish I had all of those old wall phones now, some 60 yrs later.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom