Trying to Dial it in

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I've been trying to develop a design for a kitless rollerball pen that I like. Developing the nose cone has been challenging to me since the tolerances are so tight. I decided to make bespoke rollerball out of clear resin so I could have visual cues. I got pretty close to something that I might be happy with. I think that I need to make the nose cone a tiny bit longer and lengthen and slim down the lower barrel a little. Rather than polish the inside of the barrels, I added some green dye inside the barrels after it was done.

83DFA5D6-EFDF-42AE-8925-E06C55561525.jpeg
B7EAC1C6-1E43-44CF-BD9C-E37F752A6E2B.jpeg

magpens

I would agree with the suggestions you yourself have made ... lengthening and slimming the lower (writing) barrel ... just a little.
Also agree that the nosecone is perhaps the trickiest part for a bespoke pen of this style.

Couple of questions, please, if you don't mind :
(1) Is the clip a Baron clip ?
(2) What does the green dye do for you ... is it liquid ? . Does it somehow improve the viewing through the sidewall, into the innards ?

Thanks

Cwalker935

I would agree with the suggestions you yourself have made ... lengthening and slimming the lower (writing) barrel ... just a little.
Also agree that the nosecone is perhaps the trickiest part for a bespoke pen of this style.

Couple of questions, please, if you don't mind :
(1) Is the clip a Baron clip ?
(2) What does the green dye do for you ... is it liquid ? . Does it somehow improve the viewing through the sidewall, into the innards ?

Thanks
The clip is one I purchased from Richard Greenwald. The green dye was a mistake, I thought it would improve viewing but it did not. The dye was alcohol ink.

Penultimate

Very nice design, I like the tinting. A refill with a longer lower portion (at the tip) may help you thin out the nose cone and section a little. I used a Schmidt 5888 and got a nice slim section, see my kitless Bash entry. If you are concerned about strength you could try an Aluminum nose. Good luck.

Top Bottom