Trying something different with casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Displaced Canadian

I tried something different with casting this one. I mixed 3 colors, white, black and gold. Then poured them all into one cup, then poured it into the mold and this pen is the result. I think it would work better if the resin as a bit thicker to keep the colors separate but I did a few other blanks as well and am going to see how they came out as well. Let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

• Wesa pen 1.jpg
    Wesa pen 1.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 222
  • Wesa pen 2.jpg
    Wesa pen 2.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 208
  • Wesa pen 3.jpg
    Wesa pen 3.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 222
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike P

I am guilty of always looking at the pictures posted first then reading the poster's comments. I would have sworn this was wood at first! This pen looks awesome. I love the section on it. It gives it a minimalistic feel - very sharp looking.

Alchemist

Whoa! Definitely looks like wood! What you practiced is called a "dirty pour". It works better when the resin is a bit thicker. If you don't have a IR temp gun, you should. Sometimes, a perfect mix can become a hardened blob in milliseconds!

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Very nice! I hope you will be able to duplicate it. I think it looks great just the way it is.

Whoa! Definitely looks like wood! What you practiced is called a "dirty pour". It works better when the resin is a bit thicker. If you don't have a IR temp gun, you should. Sometimes, a perfect mix can become a hardened blob in milliseconds!
I'm going to have to get a temp gun for next time. This "dirty pour" thing has a lot of potential for interesting blanks. Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom