trying out resin in a bowl blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

A couple of bowl blanks with issues so I'm trying out resin to infil them . One minor resin leak so far🙏 but as the bigger blank is curved I'm doing sections
791334AD-B195-4637-879C-8E7BA5355D34.jpeg
burr elm and blue glasscast 10 :50 resin. second pore , fingers well crossed.
679B0636-F0E8-4F09-A9CA-CE729E8974E1.jpeg
cherry that had a large fissure glasscast with black and gold mica powder cos it looked interesting. 2" thick

howsitwork

not as anxiously as me Len ! The smaller lower one is set and curing ( giving it a week ) .

The bigger one 12" dia approx by 4" deep still has some serious building work to do on it but it's fun. Glass cast is surprisingly odour free I am delighted to say. Not tried to work it yet though. Several pen blanks and other bits made too to try it out first.🤞

howsitwork

Well third pour done and blast it the resin found a way along one of the burr fissures to leak past my cardboard "dam". Fortunately ! after previous experiences I had sat watched and waited " just in case" . A quick surface coat of hit melt glue has 🤞🤞plugged the gap. After 30 minutes I've left it to cure ( with a large tray underneath it just in case ) .Next time I think I'll leave the sides vertical and not shape it before casting!! That would make my life much easier all,round

Top Bottom