TruStone Kitless in Blue and Alu

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from More4dan

More4dan

Another Saturday in the shop and a new kitless FP trial. This one is made with an aluminum skeleton glued inside of a TrueStone blank. I couldn't get the taper I hoped for on the cap, I was careful not to let the wall thickness get too thin near the hidden clip.

The cap threads are 11mm triple start and the section uses a 9mm thread.

This one came together with little drama, practice helps I guess. The only small issue I encountered was during glueing the aluminum section into the TruStone. The clearance was too tight, when I added epoxy, the tubes sealed like a piston and I couldn't push it all the way in. In made me very glad I was using 30 minute epoxy not 5 second CA. Some judicial use of force with a vise solves the problem.
I hope you like it.
B26C1A51-DEA8-4ECD-B13E-AE3BED978DFA.jpeg

F68523CC-B2FF-4915-BED4-924345AD88A6.jpeg
A6A7C34B-CA19-4B55-8100-8C68A2E8C110.jpeg

Danny

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brotherdale

Wow Danny. That looks amazing. Is that the same Bock nib, I think you called it an arrow nib. The blue and aluminum go well together. Did you make that clip?

magpens

Gorgeous pen, Danny !!!

Thanks for the multiple pics showing details !!

I really like the taper on the body finial !!!

More4dan

Wow Danny. That looks amazing. Is that the same Bock nib, I think you called it an arrow nib. The blue and aluminum go well together. Did you make that clip?

Thanks Dale, the nib is by JOWO, it's a #5 Arrow. The clip is from a PSI seam ripper kit. It's a small diameter ring but a larger clip, and mostly I have about 50 of them.

Danny

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom