Tru-stoned

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vakmere

vakmere

My first try at Trustone. I was a little leary about turning this stuff but after the first pass with the tool it was easier than I thought. I did this one for me and I like having a trumpet bell at the end with a wide barrel. Fits my hand and finger just right. Sculpting it for this shape was no issue. Sanding it wet was a lot of muddy slurry and lots of paper towels to clean it off. MM'd to 12000 grit and ploished. This will be my 'take to work pen' this week.

However I did notice something on the barrel. Look at the close-up in the 1st photo. Is that Achmed the dead terrorist? :eek: SILENCE !! I keel you...

Attachments

• Tru-stone - trumpet bell (1).JPG
    Tru-stone - trumpet bell (1).JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 214
  • Tru-stone - trumpet bell (3).JPG
    Tru-stone - trumpet bell (3).JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Tru-stone - trumpet bell (5).JPG
    Tru-stone - trumpet bell (5).JPG
    137 KB · Views: 168
  • Tru-stone - trumpet bell (6).JPG
    Tru-stone - trumpet bell (6).JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

So.... did you say you got stoned before you came up with that "Achmed terrorist" thing? :confused:

Hoping I be not "keeled" for speaking up.:eek: :bulgy-eyes:

BSea

That's a great pen. But all tru-stone are not created equal. I did a black with gold matrix, and a red Dino bone. Both of them took a lot of effort to turn, and I probably had to sharpen my gouge 4 or 5 time for each barrel of each pen. Then I did the final shaping with a carbide tool.

But I have done a few others that were not much problem at all.

Top Bottom