Tru-Kennedy™ Half Dollar Coin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

I was finally able to complete this coin, over the course of the last two weeks, consuming around 3-4 hours of cutting. An hour and a half(at a minimum were done with the saw off, dragging the coin up and down the blade). I went through 10-15 saw blades, to include 3 different types for a variety of cuts. I know next time not to cut out certain areas of this coin, probably would have looked better with only the center section cut out instead of the areas around the outer edge

ForumRunner_20130904_224732.png

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Awe come on now! Cut out around all of those letters around the outer edge. With the material gone from around them the words will be so much easier to read.:biggrin::biggrin: easy for me to say, huh? From one who has never sat at a scroll saw. You continue to amaze us.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

D.Oliver

That's some mighty fine work....but I think that you going to have to take a hard look at yourself in the mirror and admit that you have a quarter cutting problem. I mean it starts out innocent enough....You find a quarter on the street, pick it up and decided to cut it. But then things progress and you're checking the couch cushions and the raiding the change tray in vehicles. At this point it's only a matter of time before you're knocking over parking meters and vending machines and looting pennies from water fountains.

seamus7227

That's some mighty fine work....but I think that you going to have to take a hard look at yourself in the mirror and admit that you have a quarter cutting problem. I mean it starts out innocent enough....You find a quarter on the street, pick it up and decided to cut it. But then things progress and you're checking the couch cushions and the raiding the change tray in vehicles. At this point it's only a matter of time before you're knocking over parking meters and vending machines and looting pennies from water fountains.

HI, MY NAME IS SEAMUS, AND I'M AN ADDICT!:rolleyes: ummmm, Derek, maybe i do have a problem cuz that is exactly what is happening with any change i find:cool:

Top Bottom