Trouble with Woodcraft Pluma pen kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Shooter-55

I purchased the Pluma WC Gold Pen Kit along with the appropriate bushings last Saturday, and worked on it this evening. When assembling the pen exactly according to the instructions included, when I got to the very last part (placing the cap over the transmission and onto the pen body , it was apparent that the transmission is either too long, or the cap too short. The cap will not go completely down over the transmission and seat. Not just a little, but quite a lot. I reviewed everything more than once in case I made an error, but cannot see that I did. Willing to admit if I screwed up, but can't see where I did, if I did.
Can anyone shed any light on this or am I the only one with this issue.
Appreciate any input.
Thanks,
Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

budnder

How long is your transmission... after you screw it in what is the length that remains sticking out of the coupler... how long is the cap?

Wondering if there is a bur or something inside the cap that is catching and preventing the transmission from going up inside it all the way.

Shooter-55

How long is your transmission... after you screw it in what is the length that remains sticking out of the coupler... how long is the cap?

Wondering if there is a bur or something inside the cap that is catching and preventing the transmission from going up inside it all the way.
I feel like an idiot!!!!! I just measured the cap depth and compared it to the transmission sticking out. Plenty of room. I "forced" the cap down which is most likely what I wasn't doing because I didn't think I had to muscle it on. I was WRONG. Time to eat a little crow. Thanks for responding to a dummy.

magpens

I feel like an idiot!!!!! I just measured the cap depth and compared it to the transmission sticking out. Plenty of room. I "forced" the cap down which is most likely what I wasn't doing because I didn't think I had to muscle it on. I was WRONG. Time to eat a little crow. Thanks for responding to a dummy.
SERIOUSLY ... YOU ARE NOT A DUMMY/IDIOT ... DON'T LET ANYONE (INCLUDING YOURSELF) TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE !!!!!

As Jim says (immediately above), we all make little blunders like this !!

qquake

SERIOUSLY ... YOU ARE NOT A DUMMY/IDIOT ... DON'T LET ANYONE (INCLUDING YOURSELF) TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE !!!!!

As Jim says (immediately above), we all make little blunders like this !!

Sometimes much bigger blunders. As long as we learn from our mistakes, it's all good.

Shooter-55

Thanks guys. Appreciate the positive reinforcement. Still feel a little silly though......Need to be more analytical and not jump to conclusions so quickly. Thanks again.

pshrynk

Sometimes a little force is needed to get a bit to go on, mostly to get the friction needed to turn the transmission. Quite often, the instructions don't mention this. OTOH, DO read everything in the instructions or you''ll find yourself making other blunders. DAMHIKT

Woodchipper

When I insert the transmission, I do it a smidgen at a time, inserting the pen refill, checking the end of the refill. Insert another smidgen until the end matches the illustration in the instructions.
FWIW, wee ahl makk misteaks.

Top Bottom