Trivia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
If I may boss you guys around a bit. Mannie will be checking the answers trivia@penturners.org Dale could you please help him with that? Both of you will need to contact Jeff and give him am email address to forward answers to. Also if one of you could check to confirm that it works well. We can't be too well prepared. If for some reason I can't post the questions I'll contact sumterdad. We all need to monitor the trivia thread to see if there is any confusion about the questions. Once we check that all is well check in and confirm that we are ready. Does this sound good to all?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Okay so we are doing this a bit different this year. Right? No problem, as long as I know what I'm supposed to do daily. I clicked on the link as posted, and see Outlook Express is used. I have never been able to get that to work on my computer. Don't know why it doesn't work, but if I did, I would fix it. Any help on this issue?

I will send Jeff my email address. If one of you need to call, my number is 317-437-1483 Thanks!

sumterdad

I am not a great computer guy but I know that you have to have the proxy sever name and numbers.for outlook to work. You get that from your internet provider

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Have we confirmed the email address works?
I sent an email to trivia@penturners.org.Chuck replied he got it but I cannot access the email.
If I understand correctly, you will post the daily question.
I think it will flow better if the person that posts the answers also posts the winner(s) for the day. I can do it Feb 1-7 and Feb 15-21. Chuck can do it Feb 8-14 and Feb 22-28. Is this OK with you and Chuck?

I agree the winner should be posted the same time as the answer and by the same person. Send Jeff a PM with an email address to forward the answers from trivia@penturners.org and they will be sent to you. I'll be posting the questions between 7:30 and 8:00 AM pacific time each day. Looks like we are close to ready. Anything we missed?

I'l post the rules in the bash thread when we find out how many prizes per day. If we don't hear anything by end of day tomorrow I'll say one per day just to be safe.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I agree the winner should be posted the same time as the answer and by the same person. Send Jeff a PM with an email address to forward the answers from trivia@penturners.org and they will be sent to you. I'll be posting the questions between 7:30 and 8:00 AM pacific time each day. Looks like we are close to ready. Anything we missed?
I sent Jeff a PM with my email but haven't heard back yet.
When you post the questions, be sure to stress that when they submit their answer, to be sure and put the Trivia Date in the Subject. If they don't, their answer will be deleted.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Have we confirmed the email address works?
I sent an email to trivia@penturners.org.Chuck replied he got it but I cannot access the email.
If I understand correctly, you will post the daily question.
I think it will flow better if the person that posts the answers also posts the winner(s) for the day. I can do it Feb 1-7 and Feb 15-21. Chuck can do it Feb 8-14 and Feb 22-28. Is this OK with you and Chuck?
I'm good with this. Do I understand Chris will post the questions all month?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Glad you reminded me of that. I'll write up dthe post I'll be using every day tonight/tomorrow and post them for review.
Do we want to make the cutoff time 12 noon central time or noon by the time stamp on the emails (don't know if it is the same or not).
It was 12 noon ET last year. Do you want to change it? No matter to me.

Trivia contest

Welcome to the trivia contest
This is how it works.
Every day around 8:00 AM PST a question will be posted to the trivia thread.
You will have until 12:00 ET the following day to answer it.
Email your answers to trivia@penturners.org
Be sure to put the date in the subject line. This is important otherwise we don't know what question you are answering and your answer will be thrown out.
The names will be put in the electronic hat and a winner or two will be drawn, winner or winners announced and the answer given.
This year you can only win once, after you win you can sit back and watch the others try to win the favor of the electronic hat.
If you have a question about the question you can post it in the same thread and one of the trivia people will point you in the right general direction.
SO, click on things you have never clicked on before, check out the library, and get to know the site. Above all have fun and let the games begin.

Last edited:
Welcome to day 1 of the trivia contest.

Question for day 1, Who are the site wide moderators?

Email your answers to trivia@penturners.org And be sure to put the date for the question in the subject line.

Good luck and happy hunting. Remember, you have until 12 noon ET to answer the question. You can only submit 1 answer.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Welcome to the trivia contest
This is how it works.
Every day around 8:00 AM PST a question will be posted to the trivia thread.
You will have until 12:00 ET the following day to answer it.
Email your answers to trivia@penturners.org
Be sure to put the date in the subject line. This is important otherwise we don't know what question you are answering and your answer will be thrown out.
The names will be put in the electronic hat and a winner or two will be drawn, winner or winners announced and the answer given.
This year you can only win once, after you win you can sit back and watch the others try to win the favor of the electronic hat.
If you have a question about the question you can post it in the same thread and one of the trivia people will point you in the right general direction.
SO, click on things you have never clicked on before, check out the library, and get to know the site. Above all have fun and let the games begin.

I think you might have forgotten a "to"

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I believe Mike Redburn and his helper are taking off their shoes to see if they can add a toenail or two for prizes.

It is close this year, Mannie. But I think we can safely say 2 a day for the early part of the bash (first two weeks at least).

Top Bottom