Trip to North Carolina

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy328

I just returned from my trip, and had to share a couple of experiences I had along the way. I went for a wedding, while at the rehearsal, I noticed the planner had a custom made pen. So of course I had to ask about it, turns out a friend of hers made her 2 pens. Sadly I couldn't get much more than that, but Angier is the area my friend lives in. Would be great if the maker is a member and reads this! Looked like a Siera style pen.
Then on my way home to NW Ohio, I took time to stop at Hartville Hardware. Just amazing! Those that have been there know, those that haven't should plan a weekend trip there. Between the hardware and the surrounding markets, easily a weekend getaway.
Lastly, I lucked out, and happened to stop when they were having a 20% off sale of what you could fit in a bag. I bought my first 3 turning tools. I sense a downward spiral from here, lol. Just one more tool then I'll stop, I swear..😂😂

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy328

20191028_190709.jpg

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hartville is a huge black hole for woodturners/woodworkers. I've lost many a dollar there! If you do get back to the area, check out Keim Lumber - even worse for tempting exotic woods... much worse! But they also are in the Amish Community so no Sunday hours. I'm under strict rules that only 1-2x/year to shop at Keim.

Randy328

Hartville is a huge black hole for woodturners/woodworkers. I've lost many a dollar there! If you do get back to the area, check out Keim Lumber - even worse for tempting exotic woods... much worse! But they also are in the Amish Community so no Sunday hours. I'm under strict rules that only 1-2x/year to shop at Keim.
I will definitely be back, but it's a solid 2 and a half hour drive. Not sure if that's good or bad.. Lol. But now that I know what I'm up against, there will be more planning and saving of pennies. And now that I have 2 places to visit out there, it will just make it that much better. They do take left arms don't they?

socdad

If you find yourself traveling to North Carolina again you must stop ay the The Hardwood Store of North Carolina in Gibsonville ... bring a truck ...

Randy328

If you find yourself traveling to North Carolina again you must stop ay the The Hardwood Store of North Carolina in Gibsonville ... bring a truck ...
Challenge accepted! Lol. Seriously tho I do plan on returning under less hectic and stressful circumstances than a wedding. Everything went well, but there really was no time to explore and check things out. I did snag a piece of timber from my friends farm tho, plan on making a couple of pens and maybe some tea light candle holders to send back to them.

Top Bottom