Tried a new illusion blank which didn't work - so I used the spare pieces on these two...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

They triangles are all cut from the same pieces of laminated boards, (died ash and maple). Every other one was used for the two blanks. On the cigar, the bottom barrel as well as the non-accent pieces on the top barrel are from the same Flame box elder blank. Not sure why the color is so much different on the top barrel, although in person you can see some of the flaming in the tip piece.
Triangle Cigar 1.jpg

Triangle Cigar 2.jpg

Triangle Sierra 1.jpg

Triangle Sierra 2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I like the look. Something different than diamonds. Good to see. Possibilities are there with that design too.

SteveJ

Beautiful work, Steve !!!

Where do you buy the "New Illusion" blanks ?

I've been trying out different illusion themed segments, The one I was trying here didn't work out as planned. I didn't get the glue-up correct so it ended up in the oops bin. I look at illusion cutting boards and try to figure out if I can make a pen blank with a similar illusion. That's why I called it a "new illusion blank" which didn't work. I hope to try this one again since it looks as though it will turn down well as long as I get it glued properly.

Top Bottom