Triangles, Diamonds and Squares Oh My...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mark james

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Started last year, tinkered in January, life got busy. I'll post a more full description of the process with pictures tomorrow in the Segmenting Forum (Library article later). The compound angle segments were "interesting" to construct. I should probably just buy these from those who have CNC gizmos. But it almost kept me out of trouble for a while :rolleyes: .

Second pen with Glu Boost, second pen with the EDC Dura Click - Very impressed with both.

C & C Welcomed.

IMG_1338.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1339.jpg
    IMG_1339.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1340.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_1341.jpg
    IMG_1341.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1342.jpg
    IMG_1342.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 208
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

WOW ! . I was going to say "fantastic" but that word has already been used !! . Well done, Mark !!

Very interested in more complete documentation, etc., when available.

Lucky2

I'm sorry Mark, but personally, I don't much care for this pen. And I can't put my finger on the reason, I love the blank and kit each on they're own. But I don't like the pen, for whatever reason. I usually am amazed at your pens, and with this one I am not and it bugs me to not like it when it seems like everyone else likes it.

Len

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I'm sorry Mark, but personally, I don't much care for this pen. And I can't put my finger on the reason, I love the blank and kit each on they're own. But I don't like the pen, for whatever reason. I usually am amazed at your pens, and with this one I am not and it bugs me to not like it when it seems like everyone else likes it.

Len

Len, I actually agree with you, LOL! It was a technical challenge, and I enjoyed trying to figure out how to do it (I'll post the pictoral process in the segmenting forum), but after it was done, It just didn't do a lot for me. The pattern of the segments are a bit thick, but I am now working against what I can do to get these smaller. What I really dislike is the funky design with the maple strip between the segmenting, and the compound angle pieces. I'll chat more in the design thread as it may be helpful to others who want to play with this.

But you honest comments are well received - And as is mentioned often, you/I/we may not quite like it, but someone else will!

Lucky2

Oh, that's a surprise, and here I was feeling so bad about my posting. Especially, when I took everyone else's comments into consideration. It was bugging me, to not see the beauty that they all were seeing. Then I thought that maybe my girlfriend was right, maybe I am to critical. But my belief for these pens being posted, is that the maker's of the pens, want an honest critique of the pen. And that's what I give, my most honest thoughts and feelings, about the item that I'm looking at and critiquing. But, I usually like to be able to state, what I don't like about something. This time, I'm sorry that I cannot, but I just don't care for it.

Len

Top Bottom