Trend Airshield

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

emtmike

Lately I have been having problems with my breathing and eyes. I have had respiratory infections and now have an eye infection. I have not been using a dust collection system and I don’t wear a mask. I do sometimes wear safety glasses. Please no lectures, I know I should. I just ordered a Trend Air shield. I was just wondering if anybody else uses one and if so how do you like it. I guess I should have asked before I ordered it but all the info on the net was good. Let me know.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
That is a great start. However, if you are having the problems described, a dust collector and one of the ceiling air filters might make life more bearable for you while you are not turning but still in the shop.

FWIW,

DocStram

Hey Mike .... I know it's big bucks ... but the Trend does wonders for my respiratory system. I had to stop turning for 6 weeks last February after I overdosed on antler dust. I then put in an air scrubber and bought the Trend. Besides, it give you good face/forehead protection when turning blanks are launched.
I have big ol' head, like 7 3/4, so I have some difficulty keeping the Trend on just right. But, it's worth it.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by Jim15
<br />Can you wear glasses with the Trend shield?

Thanks

Yes, Glasses can be worn without problem

I have a Trend Airshield and I bought it about 2 years ago.

Be sure to get an extra battery and a couple of spare filters. You won't be sorry.

I believe that Triton also makes something similar and it's a few bucks cheaper so you might want to compare.

emackrell

Mudder mentioned the Triton - I've been looking at both Triton and Trend -- anyone have experience (or in lieu of facts, opinions[;)]) on how the two compare?

cheers Eileen [8D]

JimGo

Even better...anyone want to put together a group buy? [:D]

Eileen, FWIW there's a woodworking show in Dulles at the end of March every year, and the Trend guy was there last year. He had a pretty good price, IIRC, and I may just bite the bullet at that time.

chigdon

I have used the Trend for about a year and would not give it up for anything. Do buy some extras (which of course are not cheap either). Well worth it.

dbriski

Are you able to easily replace the face shield on the Trend? Are the reasonably priced, or expensice. I tend to scratch my face shield up and get all kinds of goop on it.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by dbriski
<br />Are you able to easily replace the face shield on the Trend? Are the reasonably priced, or expensice. I tend to scratch my face shield up and get all kinds of goop on it.

The trend uses overlays that can be peeled off when they get crudded up. (checking CSUSA shows that the triton also uses overlays.) Currently at CSUSA there is a $100.00 difference between the triton and the trend.

I think that DCBluesman uses the triton so maybe he'll chime in.

Trend
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=256-0500

Triton
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=412-1000

Accessories are listed
on the bottom for both units

emtmike

So. It seems like I did a good thing by ordering the Trend. I looked around for the best price and got mine for $239 and $30 for the 2nd battery CSUSA wants $300 for the same thing.

bob393

It does sound like a great idea.
Some woods are starting to bother me also and a paper mask just isn't cutting it any longer!

If you can only buy one turning accessory for the next coming year it should be either the Trend or the Triton Airshield.

http://tinyurl.com/yev3w7

The only way I can turn is wearing a helmet, even clear maple can knock me out. Don't wait until it too late. You only get one set of lungs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom