Trend Airshield Pro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I purchased one of these earlier in the week and used it for the first time today. Not cheap, neither is lung disease. Oh my goodness, this thing is amazing. Very comfortable and absolutely no dust got inside. Gentle air circulating through the helmet is very pleasant. My wife had pointed out that I seemed to be getting a sore throat often after woodworking. My old respirator would fog my glasses so I'd end up just throw it aside. I am used to wearing a hard hat so this Trend Airshield doesn't bother me a bit. If you're on the fence about getting one, I think you'll be happy with one, once you get past the price.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I have the older version of that one and the batteries wear down quick. I know that one they improved. Who knows maybe someday one of my sleepless nights I wind up upgrading. :):)

KenB259

I have the older version of that one and the batteries wear down quick. I know that one they improved. Who knows maybe someday one of my sleepless nights I wind up upgrading. :):)
They say they last eight hours, I wore it quite a bit yesterday, not eight hours, but was still going strong. What I read is it's very important for its first charge to be 24 hours and the second one for 14. I read if you don't do that, the batteries will not ever achieve full charge. Now that might be all bull&@&@, but I'm following that instruction.

jttheclockman

They say they last eight hours, I wore it quite a bit yesterday, not eight hours, but was still going strong. What I read is it's very important for its first charge to be 24 hours and the second one for 14. I read if you don't do that, the batteries will not ever achieve full charge. Now that might be all bull&@&@, but I'm following that instruction.
That maybe true but I never heard that. Won't hurt following instructions. Batteries today are so much different than years ago and charging them can be a whole other topic that can get debatable. I bought mine years ago when I really first started and was doing many birdhouse ornaments, pens, bookmarks and many more different things at a high volume rate so was at the lathe as well as my scrollsaws much more than I do today. I do not even wear it much. I got it more for all the exotic woods I used and that potential for dangers. Now I just wear a dust mask and glasses. If I were to do bowls and larger objects I would use it more but still would be worried it is not a sturdy mask for flying objects because there are better ones on the market. To I always considered them light lathe work related. Happy Turnings.

Top Bottom