Trench Glue-up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wmcullen

pen31.04.jpg

I tried something new and want to share the result.

After turning for a few hours yesterday, I had wood shavings from multiple species of wood.
pen31.01.jpg

Using a parting tool, I cut a few trenches into padauk blanks. I packed them with the thin CA glue and the wood shavings.
pen31.03.jpg

pen31.05.jpg

pen31.02.jpg

Thanks for looking.
- Cullen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Nice... I'm a fan. ๐Ÿ‘

Center bands are sweet; consider the segments in a better alignment for the two sections to be similar - a very 'nit pick'. I just favor rings to be similarily placed for both sections (or single sections). A very minor consideration. Very nice! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

Wmcullen

Nice... I'm a fan. ๐Ÿ‘

Center bands are sweet; consider the segments in a better alignment for the two sections to be similar - a very 'nit pick'. I just favor rings to be similarily placed for both sections (or single sections). A very minor consideration. Very nice! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘
Thanks Mark. Great feedback!
And since I haven't said it yet to everyone: Merry Christmas!

magpens

Nice going, Cullen !

That kind of a segmentation pattern would look really nice on a Cigar pen kit . . which is a bit bigger with a slightly different shape.
You could even make it as a single barrel pen.

I like what you have done to reduce the burden on waste disposal systems !
:D

Last edited:

howsitwork

I like the distinct "ridge" just before the nib section in the paduak. This will give a positive grip and is not something I'd considered before. Thanks for the inspiration !

Top Bottom