Traveler cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Allen

Dale Allen

I call this the 'Traveler'.
Not the best choice of wood for the cigar but it proved out the design.
As you can see, the long section of the zen travels with the cigar while the top stays behind. But then when you want just a pen, it is just a Zen!
Then the cigar can stay behind.
I decided to shorten the holder section so it would be easier to actually write with while it rides.
Yea, I know...such silliness!

Attachments

• traveler.jpg
    traveler.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 255
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

No silliness. I have been asked to make cigar holders and would like a tutorial on what you did to accomplish this work of beauty.

Dale Allen

John, I'm not much for tutorials. I used telescoping tubing that I get locally but it is available at zorotools.com, used 9/16 and 19/32". Turned the blanks round and drilled for the tubes. The holder section was also cut 1/2" deep to receive the tang on the top section. The OD of the zen fits nicely inside the 9/16" tube. I glue waste pieces on the ends and part them off as the last step. Made bushings to fit the tubes and turned between that and the waste piece, between centers.
I thought about making cigar holders but to get something big enough I'd have to use 1-1/2" stock and it would be expensive.

Last edited:

plantman

Dale; Great idea !! A three for oner. You can use the case as a stand alone display, use it with the pen to write with, or take the pen in your pocket by itself. The people on this site never cease to amaze me!!! Keep up the Great work. And, yes, I would have chosen a little better wood grain. Jim S

firewhatfire

that does solve an idea I was presented with some time back. I will be making a cigar holder similar to that. I will be using Spanish Cedar I think. cool idea

Top Bottom