Trash Talking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
As someone who has had lots of practice making ugly pens, you guys are gonna have to really step up your game to beat the one I'm working on for this contest.

Scott

Oh my! UGLY is still alive and well at the IAP! I was afraid you all had become too "accomplished" to make Ugly pens anymore, but I was wrong! That's a nice crop of Ugly I got posted up last night! But I know there is more!

Maybe this will help - I got a look at the prize allocation list. I was expecting maybe some bags of gravel, or maybe some nice sludge as prizes. But no! They have allocated REAL PRIZES for both Ugly Pens and Trash Talking! Scary, huh?

Scott.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Brobbin, that was sure nice of you casting that picture of mredburn,You trying to win a prize or something?

OH, I don't know. That mredburn is one fine looking guy. That pen belongs in the IAP Collection instead of the Ugly Pen Contest!

firewhatfire

The last time I entered an ugly pen contest the whole contest was cancelled for 3 years. I think thats what a prize should be awarded for.........so ugly no one wanted to run the contest anymore.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Oh my! UGLY is still alive and well at the IAP! I was afraid you all had become too "accomplished" to make Ugly pens anymore, but I was wrong! That's a nice crop of Ugly I got posted up last night! But I know there is more!

Maybe this will help - I got a look at the prize allocation list. I was expecting maybe some bags of gravel, or maybe some nice sludge as prizes. But no! They have allocated REAL PRIZES for both Ugly Pens and Trash Talking! Scary, huh?

Scott.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
The last time I entered an ugly pen contest the whole contest was cancelled for 3 years. I think thats what a prize should be awarded for.........so ugly no one wanted to run the contest anymore.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That's what I'm after.
The pen I'm making is so ugly, I can only stand to have one eye open at a time while I'm working on it.

firewhatfire

no matter how ugly any pen will be, how could it be worse than Feb 5 Trivia answer?

the two pointy finger angry eyed DOliver
Capture_zpscantwnjj.jpg

Nicknamed the "DOliver", the "Raving Loon" (Gavia trivialus) is native to South Dakota marshes. The raving loon nests in wood shavings, eats beef jerky, and can be identified by it's distinctive stare, gestures, and relentless call of "trivia! trivia! trivia!". The DOliver is widely considered a varmint and is one of few birds that the Federal Wildlife Commission encourages people to shoot on sight. Be very wary of the DOliver during mating season (the month of February). It is nearly impossible to restrain and has been known to stalk its prey over the internet. Fortunately, its migratory range is small, so for most people, the chance of an actual sighting is about the same as spotting BigFoot.

courtesy of firewhatfire and sylvanite.....

That's what I'm after.
The pen I'm making is so ugly, I can only stand to have one eye open at a time while I'm working on it.

Sylvanite

Nicknamed the "DOliver", the "Raving Loon" (Gavia trivialus)...
Just one of many Loons, collectively known as "Turning Loons" because of their obsession with making round things out of square things. For example, there's the Swirling Loon (Gavia resinous), renowned for stirring colors together, the Exotic Loon (Gavia freebieus) which spends most of the day flitting to the Post Office and back, and the Welsh Loon (Gavia upgradus) - also known as the Dutch Roadrunner.

And I'll take my hat off to remember the Russ-Loon (Gavia instructus), and the Eagle Loon (Gavia pentarsicus) - both sadly now extinct.

Regards,
Eric - yet another loon.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Nicknamed the "DOliver", the "Raving Loon" (Gavia trivialus)...
Just one of many Loons, collectively known as "Turning Loons" because of their obsession with making round things out of square things. For example, there's the Swirling Loon (Gavia resinous), renowned for stirring colors together, the Exotic Loon (Gavia freebieus) which spends most of the day flitting to the Post Office and back, and the Welsh Loon (Gavia upgradus) - also known as the Dutch Roadrunner.

And I'll take my hat off to remember the Russ-Loon (Gavia instructus), and the Eagle Loon (Gavia pentarsicus) - both sadly now extinct.

Regards,
Eric - yet another loon.

And don't forget the Australian Loon (Gavia stabilresfilius) - whose favored habitation is paddocks filled with stacks of old logs.

TLTHW

fake pics

Brobbin, that was sure nice of you casting that picture of mredburn,You trying to win a prize or something?

OH, I don't know. That mredburn is one fine looking guy. That pen belongs in the IAP Collection instead of the Ugly Pen Contest!

Ha...that pic of mredburn is a fake! A real pic of mredburn' would crack the finish and the camera lens.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
That last entry is cute~not ugly I think its in the wrong contest. Im sure it belongs in the Freestyle contest instead!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
That last entry is cute~not ugly I think its in the wrong contest. Im sure it belongs in the Freestyle contest instead!

I dunno about that - any pen that can shut down the entire 20,000 IAP membership from doing any trash talking for almost 24 hours straight has got to be one clock-stopping, butt-ugly pen.

stonepecker

The one thing I find truly sad is that none of the 'ulgy' pens is really that bad. Now 2 years ago, that was some really crazy stuff.
To bad that all the 'good designers' decided that this was the year to take a vacation.

Really, there isn't anything bad enough deserving to win.

jcm71

The one thing I find truly sad is that none of the 'ulgy' pens is really that bad. Now 2 years ago, that was some really crazy stuff.
To bad that all the 'good designers' decided that this was the year to take a vacation.

Really, there isn't anything bad enough deserving to win.

You're just saying that because you can't get a grip around my entry.

firewhatfire

Derek Oliver done told be I was banned after that 2 year ago entry. He was just teasing for the Trivia contest but I didn't have any ideas of that caliber for this time.

stonepecker

Those that can do. Those that cant, Trash TALK!!

At least Mike, I know that when things get hot, to stop and let them cool off. I don't endanged my shop and all the fun toys I have. I do hope that the 'feeling' comes back to your fingers soon. I would hate to see all your work go up in flames.

We will just have to make do with the entries that come in this year. But the level of compition in this contest has really taken a nose dive in my opinion.:biggrin:

Top Bottom