Transparent Teal Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

Here is a fountain pen I finished up, which I made from transparent teal acrylic and silver. It's a mid size pen, about 14mm in diameter at the thickest part of the barrel, but tapers down at both ends. The cap threads are 13mm and I placed them on the front of the pen so I could play around with a smooth curved body shape. The pen has an internal piston mechanism for filling, which allowed me to forego a removable section. The pen is threaded for any nib with a bock #8 housing, but currently has a Magna Carta brand nib in it. I embellished the cap band and clip with a traditional running leaf style motif to add a little snazziness to contrast the plain acrylic.
A96B35EE-FD0A-4D08-8DE4-44F0CABB55FD.jpeg
A743BAA8-9C42-4645-975F-9769253ACF60.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Talk about a juxtaposition! That smooth, beautiful object on a rough, raw concrete block - gives me the heebie-jeebies thinking about scraping it.

The silver work is such a nice contrast to the barrels, it raises the pen to an art object.

Dannv

Very nice. How do you make the piston mechanism? Or, is there one you purchase? That's one I'm trying to figure out.

Top Bottom