Trade Trade Alaska blanks for redbud blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jay Sweeney

I would trade Sitka Spruce, Alaska Yellow Cedar, Western Hemlock, or spalted red alder for redbud and any other inteesting midwest woods. I have choice Alaska woods....Sitka Spruce from Sitka Alaska....

I also have salix sitchensis....Sitka willow....a hard-to-fund wood which glows with depth after turning and sanding....

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Would love to be able to help. I have 4 redbud trees but LOML won't let me cut them! They are only 6 years old, not really big enough yet for good grain.

Your deal sounds very interesting! Hope someone takes you up on this.

Jay Sweeney

I certainly would trade for any unusual "lower 48" woods. I live in the Tomgass National Forest, so I have access to very fine Sitka spruce, western hemlock, Alaska yellow cedar, and spalted red alder. I also have so really fine mountain ash burl and Sitka willow to trade. The spruce and hemlock I have to trade is virgin forest/old growth which easily 50+ rings per inch. What I would like to trade for is unusual small bushes and small trees which don't grow here.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I have some Texas woods you don't see too often - Huisache (Sweet Acacia), Tickle Tongue (Prickly Ash), Brasil (Bluewood Condalia, aka Texas Ironwood). I might also have a little Alabama Supplejack left (a vine). Also mesquite, pecan, camphor, Osage orange, Texas Ebony, and several other local woods,

If you are interested in any of that, I'd be happy to do a swap.

Edgar

gr8macbeth

I have access to private property with cedar, juniper, and oak burl in abundance. I am heading out there this week, if you are interested in fresh cut burl, I will be happy to find exactly what you want. The grove is all wild growth on the outskirts of San Antonio Texas.

Top Bottom