Toxic Diamond Knurl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sorcerertd

sorcerertd

I love the way this pen came out. There are a couple spots on the blank that were a little more translucent than I would have liked, but it's still one of my favorite recent pens. The kit is a Diamond Knurl rollerball in black chrome. The blank is Toxic Green & Black Kirinite. Rather than paint, I just used Black Nickel tubes from EB (they come in packs of 5 sets for the Jr.s). The barrels were finished through the grits of Zona paper, then some Meguire's plastic polish. I'm not sure I see much difference with or without plastic polish, but maybe that's just my eyes. I'm putting the new "rock" to work in the pics, too.

20230508_194819.jpg

20230508_195219.jpg

20230508_194939.jpg

20230508_194839.jpg

20230508_194912.jpg

20230508_195155.jpg

20230508_195207.jpg

20230508_195054.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

I've never been a big fan of green but this is very nice. We'll Done.
I really don't care for green that much, either. Once in a while something catches my eye and this was definitely one of those.
Now watching things green up as they come to life in the spring... I very much love that green!

Kenny Durrant

I really don't care for green that much, either. Once in a while something catches my eye and this was definitely one of those.
Now watching things green up as they come to life in the spring... I very much love that green!
Mark M. posted a thread earlier about Spring is here. Of coarse I replied "It's here in Texas as well". I think that jinxed us here. Just a few days later the temps hit the low 90s. It seems the older I get the more I can't handle the heat. Now don't get me wrong that's not all that hot but it does mean the high 90s and 100s are very close. Now I'm not sure if Spring is getting shorter or my tolerance levels are getting lower. All is know for sure is that growing old can be tough at times!!

BULLWINKLE

Mark M. posted a thread earlier about Spring is here. Of coarse I replied "It's here in Texas as well". I think that jinxed us here. Just a few days later the temps hit the low 90s. It seems the older I get the more I can't handle the heat. Now don't get me wrong that's not all that hot but it does mean the high 90s and 100s are very close. Now I'm not sure if Spring is getting shorter or my tolerance levels are getting lower. All is know for sure is that growing old can be tough at times!!
I never could handle the heat and humidity well. Seems like we have 2 seasons now, hot and cold. Cold doesn't bother me. I can wear a t shirt in January. I was in Spain about 25 years ago and one day it hit 116 F.
A beautiful place but…. If I ever go back it will be in the middle of their winter.

bugradx2

so circling back on this pen. How do you make the finial top? I've hear some people call it a cabochon?

sorcerertd

so circling back on this pen. How do you make the finial top? I've hear some people call it a cabochon?
I epoxied the leftover blank to a scrap and turned it round. I then turned a small length of it down to proper size (I used calipers on the piece I knocked out to gauge that), domed it, and polished it. Lastly, I cut it with a thin parting tool down to where there is a little piece holding it on, then finish cutting that off with a utility knife. The little nub left will sit right in the hole that the other was "riveted" through. It's then glued on with epoxy.

bugradx2

I epoxied the leftover blank to a scrap and turned it round. I then turned a small length of it down to proper size (I used calipers on the piece I knocked out to gauge that), domed it, and polished it. Lastly, I cut it with a thin parting tool down to where there is a little piece holding it on, then finish cutting that off with a utility knife. The little nub left will sit right in the hole that the other was "riveted" through. It's then glued on with epoxy.
thanks

Top Bottom