Touch Down!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

This is another project our daughter did while home from school on Christmas break.
This is for a special guy at school! RoseMarie had this idea as Evon is a sports dude who is from Buffalo.
She came up with a plan and just 2 days before leaving, we got this project going. I had a piece of 3/4" maple that was just under 9" and band sawed round. I helped her stick it to a faceplate with double side tape, brought up the tailstock with a block for support and let her go at it. She turned it round, shaped the edge and sanded. Took it off and used a belt sander on the back. Now it gets good.

The next morning was the first day for our local schools to start after Christmas. She was back at her high school in the shop asking her shop teacher for a little help. He now has a laser among his tool toys. They got the design and zap, zap, zap. It was done.
After a few coats of spray lacquer and cutting a key slot in the back, it was done the night before her leaving for the airport.
Evon was excited with this gift.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 202

Fishinbo

That's one cool and thoughtful gift. The wood is beautiful and the laser engraving is really nice and fitting for her special friend. Great job!

Charlie_W

Thanks for the comments.
There was nothing on the back when it left here except for the keyhole slot. I am guessing she probably added a personal note to the back before presenting the gift.

Top Bottom