Tormek Super Grind 2006, w/Turners Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wingdoctor

I am downsizing my shop and will be selling a few items. This is a Tormek Super Grind 2006, w/Turners Kit that I purchased in 2006. The Woodcraft receipt and ad called it a 2006 but the label on the grinder is 2000. I believe they change the designation each year but the model stays basically the same. This has all the jigs to grind turning tools as well as some straight edges. I have also added some additional jigs as shown in the photos. I noticed I left the water trough out of the photos. Be assured it is included and undamaged. This is the steel frame unit, not the zinc die cast.

I have used the Tormek only lightly. It does a superb job of grinding and honing an edge without any heating of the tool edge but it does so slowly. I find myself using my grinder and a Oneway jig to do most of my sharpening. The price I paid in 2006 was $665. Currently Highland has the grinder on sale for $599 plus $334 for the Woodturners kit.

I am asking $350 plus shipping. Of course if you wish to pick it up in Columbus, Ohio there would be no shipping.

Attachments

• Tormek-1.jpg
    Tormek-1.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 590
  • Tormek-2.jpg
    Tormek-2.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 304
  • Tormek-3.jpg
    Tormek-3.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 263
  • Tormek-4.jpg
    Tormek-4.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1dweeb

This is a great deal. I have one and it works very well. I would jump on it if I didn't have one already. The slow speed wheel is much better for high speed steel tools than the faster grinding wheels.

Wingdoctor

I have to guess the weight as I do not have a scale. If the unit weighs 25 lbs, UPS says ground freight is $48.60. If you are agreeable to the $350 cost I will discount the shipping to $30 for a total of $380 shipped.

Top Bottom