Tool Score

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Yesterday a lady in our church asked me if I could use a sander on a custom stand. Of course, I said "sure". Turns out it was a nice oscillating spindle sander and she also had a table saw, a mig welder & a few smaller tools that she also let me have.

her father passed away 4 years ago & her mom is in a nursing home. She and her two brothers have gradually been working on cleaning their old home place up for the past 4 years. They have pretty well taken everything they wanted and given away most everything else. They are down to a handful of things & a lot of junk. They brought in a roll off dumpster & have just about filled it with scrap. These tops and a few other things were about all that were left. None of them wanted these items & her brothers were ready to toss them into the dumpster. She told them to give her a few days to try to find a good home for them.

She wouldn't take anything for them, but I told her that I would make her a couple of things.

83659FE0-2967-42B3-9130-B7813148F359.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

It's so sad that stuff like this gets discarded as no one in the family is interested.

Glad you benefitted Edgar and I know you'll make them some momento's as keepsakes. I've had to help clear three workshops and it's heart breaking dealing with other peoples treasures.

Top Bottom